Tuesday, May 08, 2007

People I haven't seen in a while

Recently one of my friends that I met on my trip to Uganda last year came to visit Edmonton. (She lives in Vernon.) We got together last night along with another person from that trip (who lives in Edmonton), her boyfriend, and a cousin of the one from Vernon. Incidentally, this cousin has the same first name as the Vernon girl's second-cousin who was also on the Uganda trip. So when she emailed me last week to arrange a time to meet, I was a little confused about who I'd be seeing. And it turned out that I'd met her cousin 4 or 5 years ago at Navigators (a Christian ministry at the U of A). Small world, isn't it?

On Friday I leave for a week and a half in Toronto. I'm going with two friends and we're visiting friends of ours who moved there two years ago. (I also visited them last summer for a few days and mentioned them on this blog.) I'm excited to see them again and travel with these friends. I don't know if I'll get the chance to do a blog update next week, but I'll tell you about the trip sometime.

No comments: