Friday, May 16, 2008

Complaining etiquette

If I got a free cookie from Cookies by George and it was stale, am I allowed to complain, or do I have to keep my mouth shut because it was free? (Just to confirm: I didn't get said cookie at a Cookies by George location. At the store, I'm sure they don't sell stale cookies. Just very very yummy cookies. Mmm.)

If I got the cookie at the blood donor clinic because I donated blood, does that mean it actually wasn't free, so I do have a right to complain? Or does the fact that they never promised me Cookies by George and they don't always have Cookies by George mean it really was free?

1 comment:

Luke said...

I would say that alerting them to the fact that the cookie is stale would accomplish the same outcome without looking like a jerk.

"Oh hey, I just wanted to let you guys know that this cookie is a little on the stale side."

Said with a smile I'm sure everything would turn out ok.