Monday, January 15, 2007

Employment

The rumours are true. I got a phone call from Sherritt last Thursday and they offered me a job. I've accepted the job, so I start on January 22nd. I'll be a Process Control Engineer, designing and improving control systems at their plant in Fort Saskatchewan.

Following up on my last entry, that once-in-18-years blizzard sure was underwhelming, wasn't it? Yes it was cold and windy for a day or two, traffic was probably very slow, and the highways were in pretty bad shape, but we didn't get an unusual amount of snow and things were back to normal pretty quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Now you can come visit me in NZ.

Alex said...

NZ? New Zanzibar? Who do I know in New Zanzibar? The problem with a job is finding enough vacation time to go to all these exotic places, but it could happen.