Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Penguin Chronicles: Probably the Final Chapter

The penguin I wrote about recently fell off his perch a couple of times and somebody put him back up there, but unlike Humpty Dumpty, he only developed a hole; he did not completely break. He could've been fixed with a somewhat handy person and a glue gun. No need for all the king's horses and all the king's men. (By the way, I didn't know horses could repair anything.)

But today the tale reaches its sordid end. A grader and a dump truck showed up today and took the snow pile away. Now I see no sign of the penguin out there.

But maybe the story isn't over. Maybe, like in a horror movie begging for a sequel, when the snow melts at one of those big snow-dumping lots in the spring, all that will be left will be some dirt and...a plastic penguin.

Are you scared yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I had that dream before...