Thursday, December 01, 2011

No more Facebook blogging

So Facebook recently removed their feature that imports people's blog posts onto their Facebook profiles. I had been using that feature, but I was actually considering removing it.

For one thing, it meant that I'd have two separate comment threads on each post--one on Facebook and one on the blog itself. The Facebook thread got more comments, but it would've been nice to keep them unified.

Also, I think I might get a bit more personal here if it's not being broadcast to everyone I know on Facebook. Sure, the blog is technically more public than my Facebook profile, but unlike Facebook, the blog doesn't announce everything I write to everyone I know who happens to log into Facebook. Now my thoughts will--in theory--only be read by people who want to read them, so that might make me feel more free to write what I want. We'll see.

And Blogger allows anonymous comments, so you can easily leave comments without a Google membership. If you have any trouble with that feature, try to let me know if you have a way of contacting me. But I just tried it, and it let me leave an anonymous comment.

No comments: