Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oops!

After getting dropped off at the carpool meeting point after work, I noticed an extension cord lying on the ground in front of my car. I thought I should move it out of the way so I don't run over it. Then I noticed that my car was plugged into it.

In the morning I had unplugged the extension cord from the outlet, but I must not have unplugged the car from the cord. So I must have driven all the way to the carpool meeting point (about a 5-minute drive away) with that loooong extension cord sticking out behind my car. And in the afternoon, the block heater timer was nowhere to be seen. I'd assume it came off somewhere during the drive, rather than being stolen, because the prongs of the extension cord were a bit bent. The timer probably would've protected the prongs.

I tested the cord and it still works. So that's a bit of good news.

No comments: