Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Nothing about politics! Yay!

Last weekend I went to a camp called Deer Valley Meadows with the youth group from my church. This is the camp that I went to for a week every summer from late elementary school to high school, and I've been there for numerous other things, including camp cousnelling, over the years. But it's been three years since the last time I was there. So it was good to see the place again. I have many good memories there, and my times there have helped me grow spiritually too.

For me personally, this weekend gave me yet another reminder (I've had a lot of these reminders this year) of the need to be fully committed to God. Of course, I also have plenty of questions about what it means to be fully committed to God, and I also wonder if as Christians we're trying too hard to give kids and teens certainty when we may not be certain ourselves. Maybe we should be trying harder to teach them to question and find the truth themselves. (I'm not saying spiritual truth is relative, I'm just saying it's hard--maybe impossible--for us to be totally sure what's right.)

I also got to enjoy nature. I saw the northern lights, ate chokecherries, and had a great view of the Red Deer River valley, which was pretty foggy one morning.

No comments: