Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Another weekend away

This time I went to Fort McMurray, that place where I worked last year. I got to see my cousin, her husband, their son, and their new daughter. I lived with the first three of them last year, but I had never met their daughter Ava yet. My grandma came along too and got to see her new great-granddaughter.

So I got to hang out with my relatives and see some old friends (i.e. people I met last year, who I haven't seen in 6-10 months) that I don't seem to talk to very much anymore. Hopefully I'll keep keeping in touch with at least a few of them. It was a good visit.

And if you've never been there, I want to clear up a common misconception: many parts of Fort Mac aren't ugly. For example, check out the view from my cousin's back door:

No comments: