Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Job interviews

I might not be unemployed much longer. I have two job interviews later this week, one on Thursday, one on Friday, both with energy companies in the Edmonton area.

And then there's the age-old question: does God want me at a specific job or a specific city, or is it completely my decision? I am sure that God wants me to follow him in everything I do, wherever I am though. So my plan is to use my brain in picking a job, and if God doesn't give me some clear indication (and he hasn't given me obvious indications of what job to take or what to take in school in the past), then I think it either doesn't matter which job I pick, or using my brain will bring me to the right place.

Anyone want to comment? Comments from atheists are welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! I spent what seemed like most of the summer looking for a job, and while I did some temp work, I didn't find anything permanent until the first week of September...I held out for something that captured my interest and was Monday to Friday so I'd have weekends free, and I landed a job as a receptionist for an architecture company...so I got paid well, was in a sort of creative job, and had a good schedule....

I think in my case it was God trying to get the message of "do you trust me enough to hang in there until I bring my best to you?"....but maybe you're at a different point in life.

Good luck with the hunt.

Grace said...

Heya Alex!

How did the interview go?