Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Move

You haven't heard much from me lately on this blog because I've been settling into my new house, which doesn't have internet access yet. (It's supposed to be hooked up on Monday. We'll see if that happens. I'm writing this at my parents' house.) My house is a townhouse in Clareview (northeast Edmonton). It was built in the late 1970s. I took possession on September 15 and moved a bunch of my stuff there, with my parents' help. I've been gradually buying more stuff for it, like a fire extinguisher and a toaster, and gradually unpacking.

The house is probably the nicest place I saw in my price range while I was looking, but of course it's not perfect. There's a large stain on the carpet in one bedroom, and the doorbell doesn't work. My dad came over and fixed the back doorbell and began to fix the front one, so hopefully it will work soon.

I'll post a picture or two once I have my photos and internet access in the same place at the same time. In the meantime, thinking about my doorbell reminded me of a song, so give it a listen:

No comments: