Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween and Daylight Saving Time

It's 6:00 on Halloween evening and it's still light out. This doesn't seem normal. I remember trick-or-treating in the dark when I was younger, and more recently, I remember handing out candy in the dark. Granted, the trick-or-treaters haven't started to show up yet, but I'm sure they will soon.

This must be because of the change in Daylight Saving Time rules. Now we set our clocks back after Halloween; we used to always do that before Halloween. A year ago it was 5:00.

I wonder if people will complain that it wasn't dark enough. I wonder if the trick-or-treaters will stay out later. Combine that with the decent weather, and I wonder if I bought enough candy. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wierd...so that's why it's so light out. I keep forgetting that the time change shifted.

It seems that kids have wierder costumes this year than ever (I hate seeing cute, adorable little girls dressed up as witches) and going to bed earlier than ever.

Did you ever have any memorable Haloween costumes?? What was your favorite?

-Kate