Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"I was elected to lead, not to read"

Back in July, I said on this blog that I'd have to see the Simpsons movie in the expensive theatre, even if it sucks. Now I must apologize. I did not see it in the expensive theatre. I saw it this past weekend at a cheap theatre in Calgary with Kate. But I'm happy to say, it didn't suck. It was quite a bit better than Bean and Duct Tape Forever. (I still want to see Mr. Bean's Holiday though.) It had so many funny parts, they didn't even fit in the trailer! Overall, I think the earlier part of the movie was funnier and the later part got more serious (maybe a little overly serious). If you like the Simpsons, go see this movie.

Meanwhile, we had a civic election here in Edmonton on Monday. All of the currently serving councilors who ran again were expected to win, but one lost--Mike Nickel. Last year there was a big controversy because council voted themselves a rather large pay increase. Mike Nickel was one of only two councilors to vote against the raise, and the only councilor to vote against all the proposed pay and benefits increases (see this page for the complete list). Obviously Edmonton voters didn't consider this the most important issue.

Something I'm relieved about: it looks like we won't have a federal election this year.

No comments: