Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Baptisms

I go to a church that doesn't baptize babies. We baptize people after they personally make a decision to follow Jesus. Last Sunday eight people were baptized. Seven of them are in our youth group and the other one is a youth leader (who was in the youth group until recently). Being a youth leader myself, I've had the privilege of getting to know all of these people better over the last few years. It was really special to hear each of them talk about why they're getting baptized, each in their own unique way. I think I learned something new about each of them too.

Amid my doubts about God and my questions about what God really expects of us, here's one thing I'm pretty sure of: if the God that the Bible tells us about is real, there is nothing better than living a life devoted to him. Congratulations to everyone who was baptized. I think you've made a great decision.

No comments: