Sunday, November 05, 2006

New Life Church

If you've known me for two years or more, you probably know that I spent a few months in Colorado Springs, Colorado in the fall of 2004. If you've seen the news in the last few days, you may have heard about Ted Haggard (the senior pastor at New Life Church in Colorado Springs and the president of the National Association of Evangelicals). His church, New Life Church, is where I went to church when I was in Colorado. It's a huge church, so I never met him, but I did hear him preach and I saw the effects of his ministry there. I also made some friends there and I also worked with people from that church.

Without getting into what I liked and disliked about that church and its pastor, I just want to say that I'm saddened by what's going on there now. If you pray, please pray for them. Although I don't keep in touch with most of the people I knew there, I'm sure this is a tough time for them.

If you want to read Ted Haggard's statement on this, click here.

No comments: