Wednesday, November 01, 2006

No Shave November

Back in 2000-2001 I did a one year program at North American Baptist College (NABC, now known as Taylor University College). While there, some students introduced me to the tradition of No Shave November. I didn't participate, but since some people from my church also went to that college, word got around at my church. Eventually, my friend Luke (who never went to Taylor) moved to California. Today I got an email from him reminding me about No Shave November. Once again, I don't think I'll participate. Maybe I'll grow a goatee or something, but if I have a job interview, I need to look even more handsome than I usually do, and to some job interviewers, that means being clean-shaven. (Besides, if I get a job at a refinery, I'll probably need to be clean-shaven on the job too.)

So why write this when I could've just ignored it and most of you would never have known that I was avoiding participating in this? I want to direct you to Luke's No Shave November blog, where he will post something every day about the joys of facial hair and having female friends with leg hair. Here it is:

http://noshavenovember.blogspot.com/

No comments: