Saturday, August 05, 2006

Farewell to Chicoutimi

I'm in Montreal now. The program in Chicoutimi is over, so now I'm visiting friends. I accidentally ended up staying in the same hostel in Montreal as my former roommate Ryan, just as I accidentally ended up doing the French immersion program at the same place as him.

Wednesday and Thursday night, I went to the "Rhythmes du Monde" festival where they have free concerts by bands from all over the world. This is an annual festival in Chicoutimi, and I think Edmonton should copy it.

Friday night was our final party and I was out for most of the night. Saturday morning I said goodbye.

And remember: If the cheese doesn't squeak, it's not real poutine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an annual festival in Chicoutimi, and I think Edmonton should copy it.

I think the Quebecois are obsessed with cool summer music festivals. They do them much better than in ALberta.


If the cheese doesn't squeak, it's not real poutine.

D'accord! (comment c'ecrit "amen brother?"