Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Bike rental from a real bike shop: $120. Buying a bike from Canadian tire: $130

Yesterday I said I was going to buy a used bike, but it turns out that the two stores that were supposed to have used bikes don`t sell used bikes. One of them would rent me a pretty good bike for $120, but that seemed expensive, especially after my housemate bought one at Canadian Tire for a similar price. So I walked to Canadian Tire and bought a $130 bike. I`m sure it`s not as good as the one from the other store, but this is just for a month. I know my brother would be rolling in his grave if he had one. (We`re having him cremated. By the way, he is still alive, in case anyone was wondering.)

By the way, if anybody knows anyone in Chicoutimi who wants to buy a month-old bike sometime around August 5, tell them about me.

Be sure to check out Ryan`s site at http://www.traveljournals.net/travelers/torchmaker/. He`s my old roomate and he`s also here in Chicoutimi.

For some of our activities here, we`ve been put into groups with our class and the other two classes that are around the same level (level 5 in my case). Today we had to vote on a name. Our team is now called "le cinq." Don`t blame me; I voted for "Liberté cinquant-cinq."

No comments: